Now is a great time to contact your customers and remind them of the value of routine maintenance on their lighting system. Regular maintenance will ensure their lights look great for years to come. And, of course, it's a great way to stay in front of your customers, it provides extra revenue over the course of the year, and it can be a great opportunity to offer discounts for new work!
Why should your customers sign up for a maintenance plan?
Here are some key service benefits you can offer them:
1. Averting system problems early.
Maintenance can reduce the possibility of a breakdown. While it is impossible to avoid all repair situations, preventive care can save a lot of money on unanticipated landscape lighting emergencies - especially those last minute service calls just before a big, backyard BBQ!
2. Clearing away the junk.
Over the course of the summer, grass clippings, mulch, silt and growing plants can block or limit light output. Uncovering fixtures, trimming plants, and cleaning lenses can ensure the system shines.
3. Improved efficiency.
This is specifically for the customers who still have halogen systems in place. Did you know that if one halogen bulb fails that the other bulbs on the system are put under greater stress and could fail prematurely? Keep the bulbs up to date and keep your customers delighted.
4. Identification of faulty parts.
During the summer, a system can experience wear. Even when using high quality products, lights can get bumped out of alignment or wires and connections can be exposed or broken. A quick trip allows for parts to be repaired or replaced as needed. In the end, maintenance visits don't just keep a system looking great all year long, they also help you avoid unhappy customers. So, when preparing your agreements, these are a few specifics you can include so you're sure to be the hero!
- Inspection of all parts, noting those that may need to be replaced or repaired.
- Inspection for moisture intrusion.
- Inspection and adjustment of tree and cable mounts as needed.
- Inspection of fittings and connections.
- Inspection and cleaning of LED components.
- Cleaning of all fixture lenses.
- Cleaning all fixture finishes (we recommend WD-40 for our brass products)
- Adjustment of fixture positioning to ensure proper illumination.
- Minor plant and tree pruning around fixtures to optimize night effect.
- Testing and re-setting of system controls (timers/photocells)
- Testing amperage at the transformer.
- Evaluation of overall system performance.